History

campus_headerOur Lady Immaculate Catholic School was originally named Our Lady Help of Christians Catholic Elementary School. It was established on September 2, 1958, under the direction of Father Charles Marin, pastor of Our Lady Help of Christians Church, and Mother Odette Daigle. Two Terisian sisters and five lay teachers made up the faculty, overseeing 140 students in two 1st grade classes, two 2nd grade classes, one 3rd grade, and one 4th grade. Two 5th grade classes were added, as well as two 6th grade classes, two 7th grade classes, and two 8th grade classes in the subsequent years. In 1959, Immaculate Conception Church opened a new Catholic elementary school next door to the church, staffed by the Sisters of the Most Holy Sacrament. The two schools operated independently until May 1969.

fr_marin_photo_inset_flat2In September 1969, Immaculate Conception and Our Lady Help of Christians Catholic schools consolidated, with all classes being held on the OLHC campus. The school’s name changed to Our Lady Immaculate, and served Our Lady Help of Christians, Immaculate Conception, and Our Lady of Perpetual Help parishes. In 1970, OLI opened its first Kindergarten class and operated with K-5th at the OLHC campus (North) and 6th-8th at the Immaculate Conception campus (South). In September of 1974, K-3rd grades moved to the South campus and 6th-8th returned to the North campus. In 1976, OLI opened a Child Development class (CD) for three- and four-year-olds. On January 30, 1986, the OLI School Board decided to consolidate the North and south campuses at the beginning of the 1986-1987 school year. 

Additions since the consolidation include:

 Library (1976)
Gym (1983)
Director of Religious Education (1992)
 Separation of Child Development into CD and Pre-K (1994)
Junior High Wing (1999)
Memorial Garden for Mrs. Occi Koon (2000)
French curriculum (2000)
Counselor (2004)
Reconstructed Playground (2005)
Restructured CD class, renamed Pre-K 3 (2005)
Development Director (2007)
Refurbished Ceilings (2010)
Front Entrance (2011)
Cafeteria Redesign (2011-2012)
Additional parking/carline (2014)
LED Tekstar Marquee (2015)